Look How Old Jaiden is!!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Jaiden Alexander's Birth


Jaiden Alexander Williams was born at 3:52pm on November 20th, 2009 weighing 7 pounds and 2 ounces and 20 inches in length. Sounds like a heavyweight champ!


I don't even know how to express the happiness and excitement that Baby J has brought into my heart. I am almost overwhelmed. He is the coolest baby ever. Everything little thing he does just makes me smile. He is very very responsive already and reacts to everything.


The actual process at Virtua in Voorhees, NJ was pretty simple and pretty quick. Jess said the worst part was getting the IV put in. We got to the hospital around 1:25pm after taking a few last pictures together so that we would have a last record of how big Jess was. They moved us right into a prep room (we had already done all the preregistration stuff) where they had "Welcome Jessica" on the TV screen. Before we could blink we had nurses, doctors, anesthesiologists and everyone you could think of coming into the room, welcoming us, and getting Jess ready for the main event. It only took about 2 hours before Jess was taken into the operating room and prepped for surgery. Everyone was very friendly and told us exactly what we needed to do and what to expect. They told me to wait outside while they got everything ready. I was basically shaking with excitement in my scrubs and mask. Soon enough Dr. Colella came by to wash his hands and get ready. He went into the room and they brought me in about 5 minutes later. They had me sit down behind the curtain next to Jess' head. I talked to Jess and held her hand. She said, "I don't even think they started yet." This was pretty funny because Baby J was just about ready to come out by this time! Before I knew it, the anesthesiologist signaled for me to stand up and I grabbed my camera to prepare for Baby J's first moment in the world. It was tough to get a good shot because the curtain was hanging taller than I and there were doctor's and nurses' hands everywhere. I managed to get one good shot of them lifting him out.


Next they brought him over to the table with the heat lamp. He didn't even make a sound. Jess and I thought there might be something wrong because he wasn't crying yet but the nurses just needed to suction his airways. He began to cry. What a wonderful sound! Next they cleaned him off, put his hat on, stamped his little feet, and bundled him up. They brought him over to Jess while she was still in surgery so that she could get a moment to see him. The anesthesiologist was so awesome. He offered to take a few pictures with all of us right there.



Then they brought Baby J to the nursery where we were met by many loving family members. We snapped a few more shots and then he went in to get weighed, measured, and bathed. I was the only one allowed in the room since Jess was still getting stitched up and resting in the recovery room. The nurse was very friendly and we chatted about Baby J's first minutes. After he was all cleaned up I went to see Jess in the recovery room.


Jess was still pretty numb and couldn't move her legs. I told her all about Baby J since she only got to see him for a few seconds. We were there for about a half an hour before they brought us to our room. We didn't end up in a private room the first night because they said they delivered about 20 babies that day. Packed house!! As soon as all the family saw the baby getting wheeled into the room they all followed and we had a large visiting time for a good hour. The whole time Baby J barely even cried. He is such a trooper. He was not afraid of all the new people and new world and he opened up his bright blue eyes to see.


Later when Jess and I were alone with him we held him, played with him, and Jess gave him his first feeding. It was the most fantastic day of my life. Everything went so smoothly. I couldn't have asked for a better day!


Love,
Dada & Mama J

1 comment:

  1. =) So happy Jaiden did so well! You guys are going to be great parents!! Can't wait to meet him!!

    ReplyDelete