Look How Old Jaiden is!!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, December 7, 2009

The Reason I Don't Sleep!



The first week bringing Jaiden home from the hospital was like a blur ... J was off that week so we were able to do shifts. J took the early shift until around 3am and then I was up with him until he fell back asleep around 5-6am. J was really amazing that week, I was able to recover from my c-section and J took care of everything. That week we also celebrated Thanksgiving so we had constant visitors and almost 18 family members celebrating at our house. I was exhausted and in constant pain so I really enjoyed the 5-6 hours of sleep I was getting every night. I was blissfully unaware that it was shortly going to end when J went back to work.

The second week was when reality set in! I was going to need to figure out how to get him to sleep at night so that I could get some sleep as well. The beginning of the week we were basically up all night, because all he wanted was to be held! He did not like his pack and play, his crib or his snuggle nest. He only liked MY ARMS!! Don't get me wrong, I could hold him all day but at 3am when your exhausted and keep dozing off, the best place for him is not in my arms.

By the end of the week I knew exactly how to get him to sleep and get him back to sleep after his 3am feeding. I do the following -- change his dirty diaper, feed him, check his diaper again, swaddle him, give him one last chance to eat then rock him for about 8-10mintues until I see that he is asleep enough to be put down in his snuggle nest. I then jump into bed and cross my fingers that I do not hear constant crying coming from his crib. Nine out of ten times I am able to go to sleep for about an hour and a half before I have to do it all over again!

I love spending my days with him and I consider myself blessed that I am able to do that. I know that eventually I am going to have to go back to work and I am going to miss the days of lounging together. J and I could not ask for anything more than a happy and healthy child... the rest of it we will figure out along the way!




Love,
Dada & Mama J

No comments:

Post a Comment