Look How Old Jaiden is!!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 29, 2009

22 DAY Countdown!

Well it looks like it is up to me to update you all on what is happening since J is too busy! We have had a lot happen in the past few weeks ... let's talk about a few things.

His room -- is almost done!! We have had some serious furniture issues to deal with in the past few weeks but I am happy to report that we now have a furnished babies room. A piece of advice to all you future Mom's to Be -- DON'T BUY FROM BABIES R US. Buy furniture from an actual furniture store that will come and deliver the furniture to the actual room and assemble it for you. We ended up with 400 lbs. of damaged furniture that sat in our living room for over two weeks until UPS Freight got around to coming and picking it up.

His arrival -- will most likely not be a surprise!! I will not be yelling to J from the bathroom as my water breaks "I think it's time!" After weekly U/S's to check the babies position he is still breech and because of that I will need to have a c-section. There is such little room in there for him to flip that the doctors are not willing to try a version (manually turning the baby from the outside of my stomach.)

So here are three possibilities that could happen:

1. My water breaks before my scheduled c-section and he picks the day that he comes into the world.
2. Anytime leading up to my scheduled c-section he decides he wants to flip and than we will be playing the waiting game until my water breaks on its own.
3. I go in for my scheduled c-section on: NOVEMBER 20, 2009 AT 3:30 PM!!!!

I would love to go through childbirth the natural way but in the end it comes down to his health and safety. So as long as he is born healthy (and FAT) I will be happy!!

We have weekly doctor's appointments every Thursday (only 3 left) and each week I have a new set of questions about c-sections so I can mentally prepare myself for this. But my doctor's think that I am doing great -- my weight is good, my blood pressure is good as well as the babies heart rate.

My last piece of news is that Baby J now weighs 6 pounds and 4 ounces (the tech said give or take a pound!!) That is excellent news because in three weeks he has gained over a pound so I expect in another three weeks him to be another pound or so!

I will post pictures of the furniture and room later this weekend once I make more progress!!

Love,
Dada & Mama J

No comments:

Post a Comment