Yesterday we had our 32 week U/S so our new doctor could have measurements and we could tell if the baby was still breech. I was very excited to go and get to see him on the screen and hear his heartbeat! Once we got there they asked J to wait in the waiting room and they would call him back at the end. This was the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard, as if he didn't have the right to be back there. It is not like it was a top secret confidential meeting, it was an U/S of our baby. She assured me she would get him when she was done measurements.
When she was taking measurements she had the screen turned away from me the entire time. Again, like there was something top secret that I was not allowed to see. Eventually she was done with measurements and gave me a printout (which was so blurry I thought the bottom picture was of a chipmunk!) When she called J back that was also the first time she had let me see the screen as well. In about 20 seconds she showed us the baby on the screen quickly pointing out -- head, arms, heart, spine, feet. All in a matter of milliseconds. If I had not chimed in with questions we wouldn't have known anything. Such as -- the baby is still breech with his feet almost in my cervix (good or bad, I do not know she would not tell me.) Also, that I am measuring just shy of 33 weeks and that he is already 4 pounds 8 ounces!!
I suppose we will have all our questions answered next week at our weekly appointment but it was just frustrating how heartless and cold the U/S technician was. If it was not one mile away and one of the few places that accepts our insurance I would switch!
But I am thrilled that Baby J is doing well and getting so big (even though you can't tell by the looks of the U/S picture.) We are probably going to have to do another U/S in two weeks just because the baby is breech and at that point we might have to schedule a C-Section just to be on the safe side. But I will update you all next week after our doctor's appointment.
We have a busy weekend ahead -- tomorrow we have a tour of the Labor and Delivery Unit at Virtua Vorhees Hosptital and Sunday is a NJ friends and family baby shower that my mom and Mrs. Spence are throwing for me. Our two friends from North Jersey are coming down -- Rachel and Jamie (Baby J's Godfather!) J and Jamie will go to the Eagles game while the girls 'gooo' and 'gaa' over adorable baby bibs and clothes all afternoon!
I will update on Monday with pics of the babies room :)
When she was taking measurements she had the screen turned away from me the entire time. Again, like there was something top secret that I was not allowed to see. Eventually she was done with measurements and gave me a printout (which was so blurry I thought the bottom picture was of a chipmunk!) When she called J back that was also the first time she had let me see the screen as well. In about 20 seconds she showed us the baby on the screen quickly pointing out -- head, arms, heart, spine, feet. All in a matter of milliseconds. If I had not chimed in with questions we wouldn't have known anything. Such as -- the baby is still breech with his feet almost in my cervix (good or bad, I do not know she would not tell me.) Also, that I am measuring just shy of 33 weeks and that he is already 4 pounds 8 ounces!!
I suppose we will have all our questions answered next week at our weekly appointment but it was just frustrating how heartless and cold the U/S technician was. If it was not one mile away and one of the few places that accepts our insurance I would switch!
But I am thrilled that Baby J is doing well and getting so big (even though you can't tell by the looks of the U/S picture.) We are probably going to have to do another U/S in two weeks just because the baby is breech and at that point we might have to schedule a C-Section just to be on the safe side. But I will update you all next week after our doctor's appointment.
We have a busy weekend ahead -- tomorrow we have a tour of the Labor and Delivery Unit at Virtua Vorhees Hosptital and Sunday is a NJ friends and family baby shower that my mom and Mrs. Spence are throwing for me. Our two friends from North Jersey are coming down -- Rachel and Jamie (Baby J's Godfather!) J and Jamie will go to the Eagles game while the girls 'gooo' and 'gaa' over adorable baby bibs and clothes all afternoon!
I will update on Monday with pics of the babies room :)
Love,
Dada & Mama J
No comments:
Post a Comment