Look How Old Jaiden is!!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

New Jersey Baby Shower

Myself and Katie before we opened presents!


This past Sunday I had another Baby Shower (of which I knew about) hosted by my mother's friend -- Mrs. Spence. It was definitely a joint effort because Mo and Laura did so much to help. Our friends Jamie and Rachel from Mahwah came down on Saturday night because on Sunday the "boys" were going to the Eagles game! They managed to get 2nd row seats on the 50 yard line which in their mind was better than any baby shower!

The Godfather and J at the Eagles game -- while the girls were at the Baby Shower!!

It was a great afternoon with great family and friends. All of my moms friends are great cooks so we had everything from two types of strata and ham just to name a few. I honestly spent so much time mingling that I barely remember all the food that was there. When it came time for dessert there was everything from cake to cupcakes, rice pudding and pumpkin rolls.
The bottle shaped cake that Laura made!

The cute cupcakes that Laura also made -- they have little pacifiers in there mouths!

My mom told me that I would not have to wear one of those ridiculous bow hats but when we opened presents Rachel insisted that she make one for me!! This is a picture of myself and my Granny Elaine posing with my beautifully constructed bow hat! By the end of the day I was exhausted ... way too exhausted to set up a present arrangement like we had done before.

But this was the aftermath...not that it begins to describe the amount of baby stuff that we have!



In other Baby J related news, we have our weekly doctor's appointment tomorrow and I will let you know how that goes. Last Saturday we had a tour of Virtua Hospital in which I was hoping that one of the 30 ladies on the tour would have gone into labor -- but that did not happen!! This upcoming Saturday we have an all day Childbirth class (taking one is easier for both of us than taking one twice a week at night -- who has time for that.) I will let you all know that actually needs to be talked about for 7 hours (at least they serve lunch!)

Love,
Dada & Mama J

No comments:

Post a Comment