Look How Old Jaiden is!!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Mini Vaca & 29 Weeks

J & I at Boston Harbor!

Whoops, this post has been finished for about a week, I just never hit publish post!! I should never be given my own column, I am a forgetful blogger!!

This past weekend we decided to take a much needed long weekend getaway to Boston!! My mom and Gerry live up there so it was a great chance to visit them and TRY to have a relaxing weekend. I say TRY because if my mom had her way she would take us on the ultimate walking tour of the city and her pace is anything but slow. We were able to relax a little bit but we did have quite a hectic schedule. We got in late Friday night in the pouring rain so we ate takeout in BED, a bed that is not six inches off the floor!! On Saturday we went to this funky breakfast spot in Cambridge and decided what to do the rest of the day because the weather was less than desirable. We ended up touring the gardens/duck park and walking down Newbury Street. Before heading to Fenway we met up with J's old high school friend Miles who lives in the city. When we got to Fenway it was not raining so we thought the game had already started so we rushed to our seats only to find that there was a rain delay. We got dinner in the stadium and waited for the game to start!! We had amazzzinnggg seats that were right in the middle of home plate and first base -- about five rows back!! The game ended up being called in the sixth inning because of rain, but the Sox won 9-1!! The night ended with a late night trip to the only breakfast establishment open -- IHOP!!

J & I at Fenway Park !

Our amazing seats!


The next day we managed to have a delicious breakfast and head on over to my Uncle Frank's store. We went through a antique fair and farmers market where we snacked on homemade cookies and water ice!! That afternoon we headed back to the hotel to watch some Sunday football and get ready for dinner with J's old friend from HS, Miles. We went to a little pub where we had excellent food (to me nowadays everything tastes excellent.) Our trip ended with a brunch date on Monday with another one of J's college friends, Chad, who lives right outside of Boston.

We were able to squeeze a lot into a mini three day vacation and now I feel like I need a week to recover from this trip. This is probably my last "lazy" week -- I will be up in Hoboken all week with J because we are moving him out of Hoboken next weekend. There will be lots to update next week after the move!!


Love,
Dada & Mama J

No comments:

Post a Comment