Look How Old Jaiden is!!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 13, 2009

24 Weeks & Doctor's Appt!!

Very blurry, but you don't need great eyes to see that I have gotten bigger!


This was taken after a very large meal at the Borgata in Atlantic City!



It has been a busy week for J so I am at fault for not posting any sooner. I would have loved to but I have been in Brigantine where my mother refuses to get the internet and you have to pray that the only unsecured network, LINKSYS, is available. If not, then we are internet-less! I have only taken Week 24 pictures on my Blackberry so they might seem a little blurry (and I am sure J will be less than thrilled for me not using one of the two very sophisticated cameras that we have to take the pictures!)

Today we spent part of the afternoon at the OB's Office in Oradell, NJ. It was an important appointment because we began our Fetal Fibronectin (FFN) testing which we have to have done every two weeks. For those who are as clueless as me at first, it is a test that tells you if you are going to deliver in the next two weeks. My doctor is concerned about pre-term labor for a number of reasons, so we have to have this test done every two weeks just to be on the safe side!! We will not get the results of the test back until tomorrow, but Dr. Weiner does not think I have anything to worry about.

Other than the FFN test it was your typical OB appointment -- friendly greeting by every receptionist and nurse in the office...peeing in a cup... seeing how much weight I have gained since the last time (7lbs!)...meeting with the doctor, listing my symptoms and hearing him tell me how great I look despite the fact that I do not glow because the hormones have turned me into a 13yr old hormonal teen with acne!... listening to Baby J's heartbeat, which makes me melt every time I listen to it ... and scheduling the next visit and the hundreds of tests that need to happen!!

This visit we spent more time with the receptionist scheduling the next plethora of tests once we were done with the appointment -- Ultrasound, more blood work, Sugar testing, RhoGAM shot... all mind you have to be scheduled for different days but can not be done until certain tests are done or the tests come back negative!! You can see how that might seem overwhelming...but 20 minutes later we had everything scheduled and we were out the door!!

Next stop immediately following the doctor's visit -- one of NJ's finest diners so I could get what I am always craving, breakfast food!!


Love,
Dada & Mama J

No comments:

Post a Comment