We left for the beach on June 30th and returned on September 7th! That is a little over two months ... however, a baby can accomplish so many milestones in that short period of time!
Drum roll please ......
Jaiden was only rolling over in June and by September he was SPEED crawling! Not only is he crawling but he can pull himself up on furniture and cruise from couch to coffee table to couch!
Jaiden learned how to CLIMB stairs!! He tries to climb down, headfirst (OH NO!!)
Jaiden was still playing on his mat, grabbing at toys back in June. By July, he pulled down the mat and managed to use his strength to pull the toys off the mat! Needless to say he outgrew the mat before August!
Jaiden loved being in his tent while at the beach back in June and July. By August, he crawled out of the tent in a matter of minutes to explore the beach! By September, he crawled down to the ocean (with no fear of the water) and puts his face in the saltwater. He also digs and enjoys EATING the sand as well! He is ALL over the beach, not sitting still for one minute!
Jaiden had six teeth in June and by the time we left in September he had eight teeth!
Jaiden's summer hats and shorts no longer fit ... he is officially in 12month clothing!!
Jaiden's hair was brown in June and by the time we left in September it is getting lighter and lighter ... almost a strawberry blonde!! Hey, at least he is starting to get more and more hair ... although I think it is going to be a curly mess!
Jaiden sure has found his voice this summer! Not only does he love to scream but he also says 'AHHH!!!' He will say it soft and then someone will say it back to him and it will progressively get louder and louder!! By the end of August, he learned how to say 'BaBa.' Not that he knows that it means but he says it a lot!
One of my absolute FAVORITE things that Jaiden does is when he gets excited he huffs and puffs like a dog and speed crawls over to whatever it is that causes his excitement! Lately, when I am crawling on the ground when him and crawl faster and faster and say his name it causes his to crawl faster and faster and huff and puff! At that point he drops to the ground and starts hysterically laughing into the carpet!! I finally got it on video, so I will upload a video soon!
I am sure I am forgetting something, but that is a lot of changes in such a short period of time!! I feel so blessed that I am able to be home with his and experience all of these 'firsts!' I know I will go back to work soon, but I will cherish the time I had with him!!
Goodbye sweet summer ... and I can only imagine what milestones we will see over the fall!!
Love,
Dada & Mama J
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment